The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 北京58个自住房项目入市 销售2.9万套几近售完
- Fixed Income Securities
- 北京去年底常住人口2151.6万 增量增速持续下降
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your “多校划片”新政将至 学位房交易仍火爆 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 楼市投资触底回升 开发商加速推盘销售好于预期 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 严查售房电话骚扰行为 宁波5家房地产开发企业被处理: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 城乡融合发展有了崭新路线图 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
The artefact which has a flat base was found inside an ancient tomb in the Xuyi County in western Jiangsu in 2009. It has been kept at the Nanjing Museum the capital of Jiangsu Province.
持有40亿美元亚洲相关资产的美国投资机构Cohen & Steers的基金经理梁纬濂(William Leung)认同这一点。他主张，随着价格下跌，投机性投资将被驱逐出市场。他补充称，行业中另类投资热度上升的趋势应当意味着，即便基础资产的价值上涨得更慢，房地产投资信托的价格也会上升。“我们认为，这次调整的幅度将不会太大，”他说。
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 统计局发言人：不能孤立看11月数据 要把时间拉长一点
- 红木家具价格半年涨一倍 业内认为还会涨价
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 上市公司再卖房 深圳惠程再次甩卖8套房产扭亏
- 住建部废止16个文件 其中4个涉及出租车
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
According to the study, 75% of consumers are aware of wearable technology (whether as futuristic fashion or new-age tech tool), but only 9% actually have any interest in wearing it. A meager 2% admitted to owning a wearable tech device, most of which consist of fitness trackers and smart watches, according to the study.
Tesla says it enjoys sales per square foot at its showrooms that are double that of Apple . The tech company is currently considered the industry leader.